Surgery Updates


Tomorrow. Tomorrow is “THE DAY”. Tomorrow is the day that our lives change forever. Tomorrow is the start to heal. Tomorrow is transplant day.

I felt bad for my poor doctor yesterday. I turned into a blubbering idiot at my appointment. I failed a “nerve” test on my hand. I get to do a fun test that includes needles and cattle prod-like instrument.

Jay’s appointment went well for his broken foot. His x-rays show visible healing. He’ll need to be non-weight bearing for another 2 weeks and we’ll see where we go from there.

Chazz may not need surgery on his eye. There’s a chance that the retina will detach if we have the silicone bubble removed. The doctor doesn’t feel that a lens transplant would do much good. We’re in a holding pattern for at least 3 months.

Jaydon had his remaining kidney taken out last week. He’s been on dialysis for a week and the day of the transplant has finally arrived. He’s doing well and has a good attitude. He’s nervous but he’s ready to finally feel good.

I have ALL the feels. I’m excited and anxious and scared and happy and hopeful. We’re going to end right there. Because I’ve learned one thing in all this. You end with HOPE. As they say in one of my favorite movies “A Knight’s Tale” – Hope is what gets me through the day and especially the night.

Hope is everything right now. Hope and Faith.

(picture of our family relaxing on our Make-A-Wish trip to Kauai)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 6 (Rough)

The Dungeon

Farmerella (Based on Cinderella)